Thursday, June 3, 2010

Review: Full Moon (Dark Guardian, #2) by Rachel Hawthorne

I may be promised to another...but thoughts of Rafe consume me. I don't know how much longer I can resist.
Lindsey is wild and reckless, a natural rebel—maybe because her entire life was laid out for her even before she was born. Her parents are among the most powerful members of the Dark Guardians, an ancient tribe of werewolves, and they arranged Lindsey's betrothal to Connor long ago. The next full moon is coming all too soon, and then her commitment to Connor will be final—no turning back. She should be happy...so why can't she stop thinking about gorgeous, brooding Rafe?


When a dangerous threat on the pack escalates, so do tensions between Connor and Rafe. A fight over Lindsey is imminent, but will it be to the death?


Can I just say....love triangle anyone? Wow, talk about being torn between two guys....poor Lindsey! Full Moon, the second installment in the Dark Guardian's series by Rachel Hawthorne picks up right where Moonlight left off and we're immediately thrown back into the action and romance that I came to love about this series. Lindsey's transformation is coming up and a girl needs a guy to get through it, but not just any guy...her one true mate, and wolves mate for life...no pressure on making the right choice huh? Yikes!

So is Lindsey going to go with her constant friend over the years and current boyfriend, Connor or will Rafe pique her interest with his bad boy ways? You guys have to read this book, it's just so good. I've seen and read stories with love triangles before and usually I've got no sympathy for the girl or guy who's in the middle, because who hasn't dreamed about having two people fighting for their attentions right? But not so much in this case, I actually felt for Lindsey and was feeling just awful for her, I mean this was not just about choosing a guy to go to a dance with or have a romantic dinner, we're talking FOREVER here and if you choose wrong, there's no turning back and nothing you can do about it, ouch!

Rachel Hawthorne's writing is compelling and you'll find yourself flying through the pages and having no trouble finishing this one in no time at all. I've read the first and now the second book of this series in two days, yep you heard me, it's been a book a day. It's a great read for a rainy day or one where you just want to be entertained by a book and nothing else. Full Moon will keep you guessing, make you miserable for the main characters and the struggles they're going through and at the same time you might just find your heart breaking over events that take place one minute and the next you could be overjoyed...I guess it all depends on who you're rooting for in the end.

Most of you know by now that I love a good series because I never have to say goodbye to the characters I've grown to love and can't get enough of, and the Dark Guardian's series is no exception. Hawthorne might move on to focus on other characters more fully with each new book, but she doesn't leave behind our old favorites. All the characters are brought back into this installment and I was glad.

This series has everything I'm usually looking for; romance, action and intrigue and enough suspense that I had to keep turning the pages in order to find out what happened next....and did I mention romance? There's no way to resist the characters Hawthorne's created and the story she's spinning, and to be honest you won't want to.

So if you haven't given this series a try I totally recommend it.

I gave Full Moon (Dark Guardian, #2) 3 shamrocks, lots of fun to be had with this read.



2 comments:

  1. Great Review! It does sound like you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have an award for you.

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/06/awards-awards-awards-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails