Monday, January 23, 2012

Review: Falling Under (Falling Under, #1) by Gwen Hayes

Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.

As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.

And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.

What a dark horse in the running this one turned out to be. The synopsis had me interested but I had no idea what I'd really get into within the pages of Hayes' new series. Haden was what kept me interested in this one. While there wasn't anything that stands out for me that I didn't like about Theia...she just wasn't one of those characters that goes up there on my list of top favorite heroines. It may have had something to do with the way Hayes describes her upbringing, but her personality was just a little too docile for me to relate to I guess. Not sure what that says about me, I've never needed an extremely aggressive female lead character in order to find myself rooting for her, but I just found it strange that I was more interested in Hayden and his story, than I was about Theia's background.

Now with that being said, it was one of the only complaints that I found to have with this book. All in all I thought it was an interesting story and for the most part I didn't want to break from reading or to have it end at all. The surprises and revelations were just that....and I enjoyed not knowing what to expect at every turn of the page. So I've downloaded the sequel, Dreaming Awake to my kindle and I'm looking forward to seeing how Hayes is going to pick things up where she left off. This series opener came with an interesting cliffhanger, and I'm anxious to see how life for these two pans out. No idea where this sequel will take me but I'm about to find out.

I gave Falling Under (Falling Under, #1) 3 shamrocks!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Katelyn. I read Falling Under a lil while ago and have just now gotten my hands on book #2 Dreaming Awake. I loved the 1st one, I hope the 2nd one is just as good.

    Great review btw!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails