Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Gaithersburg Book Festival

It's that time of year again...the weather is getting nicer outside and book festivals are popping up all over the place.  I'm not sure what types of book related events you guys have going on in your areas soon or have had recently, but the Gaithersburg Book Festival in MD is one of my favorites.

I am beyond sad that I won't be able to make it to the festival this year, I've got friends coming in from out of town and no other weekend worked for them so I had to bite the bullet, knowing that they wouldn't wanna take the day and join in on the fun with me and the books.

But just in case any of you will be in the Gaithersburg, MD area, I wanted to make sure you knew the details of what they've got going on this year.  The last time I went I was lucky enough to spend some time with Jennifer Murgia, and Shelena Shorts while they manned their booth.  I also got to meet Elizabeth Eulberg, after hearing her speak for a brief time and I think that's why to this day, she's one of my favorite authors and I just could not adore her more!  I was lucky enough to snap a few pictures from the last festival, and if you're able to make it this year yourself and can do the same, feel free to share and gloat!

This year I've been checking the list to see who will be featured and it's shaping up to be a fabulous set up!  Jennifer Close, author of Girls in White Dresses, Julia Devillers, author of How My Private, Personal Journal Became A Bestseller, Jane Green, author of Family Pictures, Adele Griffin, author of The Julian Game, Ellen Oh, author of the The Dragon King Chronicles series, Jessica Spotswood, author of The Cahill Witch Chronicles series, Maggie Stiefvater, author of the Shiver trilogy....and the list just goes on an on you guys!

Now that I've re-read this list of authors featured I'm even more envious of anyone that gets to go and enjoy all that the festival has to offer.  Think of all those books you can purchase and have autographed by your favorite authors, the talks and speakers you'll get to hear and learn from.  The festival has so many great things going on, talks, autograph booths, literary workshops, local authors featured, etc...

If you're in the area and have the chance I highly recommend checking it out.  It's on Saturday, May 18th from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.

In case you want more information or just want to drool some more over the list of featured authors here's the Gaithersburg Book Festival Site.  It's free to go and park and fingers crossed for good weather so that everyone will be able to kick back and enjoy the day with all of our favorite ingredients....good book loving people, favorite authors, workshops, and of course BOOKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails