Monday, June 3, 2013

Review: Eternal Eden (Eden Trilogy, #1) by Nicole Williams

College sophomore Bryn Dawson is a self-proclaimed poster child for normal. However, the day William Hayward enters her life, normalcy is the last thing Bryn will be able to count on if she wants to be with him. Too mysterious and appealing to be good for a girl, Bryn feels drawn to him in a way that seems out of her control—as if fate is orchestrating it.

Despite every red flag and warning siren going off in her head telling her not to, Bryn falls hard for William, knowing he’s categorically different from anyone she’s ever met. She never imagined how right she was. When William takes her deeper into the rabbit hole of his world, Bryn must decide just how much she is willing to sacrifice to be with him, knowing no matter what, fate always finds a way to have the last laugh.

Spinning a new twist on star-crossed lovers, Eternal Eden will put Bryn through a gauntlet of turmoil, challenging her to find the power within herself to become the heroine in her own story.


This book feel into my lap thanks to a recommendation through Amazon, and it turned out to be free at that time for Kindle users.  I took advantage after glimpsing the synopsis and figured what do I have to lose?  I'm so glad I gave it a chance and grateful for the suggestion from Amazon, because this was a story, and now a series that I'm glad I won't be missing out on.

I know there are a lot of mixed reviews out there for this series opener as well as the series as a whole, but truthfully, while I can kind of understand where some reviewers are coming from, I can't completely agree with the negative points they're making.  I've heard it's a remake of Twilight, etc...but honestly, if those reviewers are referring to the star-crossed lovers angle and the two characters fighting their feelings for each other....I hate to break it to them, but Stephanie Myers doesn't have the market on that story line....its kind of an age old spin don't you think?

Either way, despite where some folks might think certain things (they're entitled to their opinions of course) I have to say that I really enjoyed the story personally.  I thought Williams' style of writing had a great natural pace that I easily kept up with but never felt too rushed or as if it was dragging by in any way.  I enjoyed meeting these new characters and the villains!!!!!  Whoa!  I couldn't believe how much I disliked them thanks to Williams' uncanny way of detailing what they looked like, the feelings they gave off and by the end of their descriptions, I felt the hair on the back of my neck raising up each time these characters would enter the scenes...yuck!

I enjoyed the opener so much that of course I couldn't stop there, and immediately went back to the Kindle to order the next two books in the trilogy, and I think I'll be ordering the two others in the spin off series, The Patrick Chronicles as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails