Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Elixir (Covenant, #3.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Aiden St. Delphi will do anything to save Alex.

Even if it means doing the one thing he will never forgive himself for.

Even if it means making war against the gods.

So this review will kept short and sweet since this is a novella for the series and not a full installment.  But there was no way I could pass up saying a few words regarding this title.  Readers finally get the chance to see things from Aiden's point of view this time around, and oh how sweet that was for a change.  Everything he had to go through, all this emotions and the feelings he has for Alex nearly had me picking up the box of tissues because it was just all too much...but in the best possible way.

Although I love our heroine Alex throughout this series, it was a nice change of pace to see things through Aiden's eyes as well as the chance to see our gang of misfits teaming together and sticking by each other through all this awfulness...it was inspiring and gave me just one more reason to love them all...even Lea kind of grew on me.

Each character grew just a little bit more throughout this novella, with the exception of Alex...but she had so much going on with her, and while the hateful things coming out of her mouth nearly pushed me over the edge, I just kept reminding myself that it wasn't the "real" Alex.  This would of course then put me in a huge melancholy over how much she was dealing with and what Aiden was forced to do to her and for her in order to stabilize everything the only way possible....heartbreaking to say the least.

This was most definitely one of the first and only novellas that I've ever read where I actually felt content after reading it, instead of feeling like it was merely a teaser to hold me over until the next installment.  It had grit and substance and in my opinion both of those traits are rare when it comes to short pieces like these.  A must read for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails