Monday, August 12, 2013

Review: River Cast (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #2) by Samantha Young

Enter a world of fierce wolves, stunning magic and romance...

Swept into the world of the Daylight Coven, Caia is caught between her loyalty to the Daylights and her new insight into the hearts of the Midnights. As more obstacles are thrown in her and Lucien's way, Caia is pushed further adrift from him and Pack Errante. With no one to turn to, Caia has to make the most difficult choice of all...

Who does she truly belong with? The Daylights or the Midnights?

And what a choice it turns out to be!  Only Samantha Young could keep this story rolling along the way she did.  After all the excitement in her series opener, I thought I was prepared for what to expect in her sequel, but I was so wrong.  She brought new twists and turns throughout these pages, and Caia and Lucien were thrown yet even more obstacles in their way.  I felt like I was waiting for them to catch a break the whole way through, but I guess it wouldn't have been all that much fun if everybody always got their happily ever after without having to work for it, right?

Caia has a bunch more on her plate this time around, and it doesn't look like she'll be slowing down anytime soon.  She's still working her way into the pack and trying to gain their trust as much as she can, not to mention the Daylight Coven.  Those who know about her, don't know what all she'll be capable of, and those that don't, well let's just say not everyone will want to throw her a welcoming party.  Young gives us more detail and insight into her other characters as well as a growing connection between our favorite headliners.  With a chance to not only get a closer look at some of the other key players, readers get the chance to hear new voices too.  It's not just Caia telling the story, we've got other POVs introduced throughout.

And without giving away any spoilers of course, I can't mention specific names of the characters that just about drove me crazy throughout this installment.  I tip my hat to Young, because she brought out the emotions when it came to whose side I was choosing to be on as a reader.  There are just some characters that I find myself thinking that I won't be happy until they get exactly what's coming to them.  Punishments need to be delivered and hopefully Caia and Lucien and the rest of the gang will get the chance to do just that in the third and final installment in the series, Blood Solstice.  I know one thing, I can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails