Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Review: Awakened (House of Night, #8) by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Exonerated by the Vampyre High Council and returned to her position of High Priestess at Tulsa’s House of Night, Neferet has sworn vengeance on Zoey. Dominion over Kalona is only one of the weapons she plans to use against Z. But Zoey has found sanctuary on the Isle of Skye and is being groomed by Queen Sgiach to take over for her there. Being Queen would be cool, wouldn’t it? Why should she return to Tulsa? After losing her human consort, Heath, she will never be the same – and her relationship with her super-hot-warrior, Stark, may never be the same either…

And what about Stevie Rae and Rephaim? The Raven Mocker refuses to be used against Stevie Rae, but what choice does he have when no one in the entire world, including Zoey, would be okay with their relationship? Does he betray his father or his heart?

I'm not quite sure how the Cast duo does it, but after seven books in the series they've still go me coming back for more. How they keep spinning up more ideas is astonishing, but oh so much fun. Still loving this House of Night series, and the cast of characters to go with it.

Zoey and her friends have been through a lot without a doubt. So when she spends time on the Isle of Skye I can't say that I blame her for not wanting to leave. However, when tragedy strikes back in Tulsa, she does what we all knew she would: she stands by her friends. Without throwing spoilers all over this review, all I can say is the even that brings Zoey back to Tulsa crushed me. I hadn't realized I liked this cast of characters to the extent I do until this turn of events took place. Too many more of those curve balls and I won't last...the tissues eventually will run out.

But on a brighter note, Zoey and Stark's relationship/status/situation developed more in this installment and I truly enjoyed that aspect. While I'm a sucker for a good romance (everyone knows this) these two have a great connection that takes readers further than just chemistry and school yard drama. The Cast duo needs to keep banging out more like this book. Fingers crossed, Destined keeps the ball rolling.

I gave Awakened (House of Night, #9) 4 shamrocks!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails