Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Review: Sound (Solid, #3) by Shelley Workinger

Clio Kaid's had one crazy summer.

After learning she was one of a hundred teens who were genetically modified before birth, she and the others departed for "camp" at a classified military site.

Besides discovering her own special ability, uncovering a conspiracy, and capturing a killer, she's also forged new friendships, found love, and managed to lose them both.

With no answers and the end of summer closing in, Clio's terrified of going home more lost than when she arrived.

Will she finally find everything she's been looking for?

Find out in this exciting conclusion to the Solid trilogy.


Attention readers looking for new titles to add to your Holiday wishlists...I can do one better....I say mark down this whole series and I promise unwrapping it will only be the beginning of the all holiday fun you'll have!

I was lucky enough to get the chance to read and review all three books in Workinger's Solid series and I have to say that each installment was better than the last, and all were super fun and exciting reads.  Workinger first drew me in with her unique and out of the ordinary plot.  I was in the mood for something different, not just another mainstream paranormal romance, or dystopian series.  Don't get me wrong, I love those as well, but every once in a while a reader needs to cleanse their reading "pallet" so to speak, and this series was exactly what I was looking for to help me do just that.

Workinger's writing style makes it easy for readers to follow her pace and fly through the pages without skipping a beat.  I found myself finishing each of the three installments in the series within a day or two tops!  Her characters are hard to resist and her storylines are suspenseful and exciting...not an easy combination to put down.  Give this book and the first two installments in the Solid series a shot and I don't see you regretting it in the slightest.  I highly recommend picking up not just the series opener, but going ahead and purchasing all three books in the trilogy because once you start reading you won't want to stop, and who wants to waste time having to go to the store, right?

All in all, Sound was a great wrap up for the series, and with everything that Workinger delivered with this series, I'm more than a little curious to see what she comes up with in the future.  I'll definitely be on the lookout for more of her work, and I know without a doubt that I'm not the only one!

I gave Sound (Solid, #3) 4 shamrocks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails