Thursday, November 4, 2010

Review: Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) by Richelle Mead

How far will Rose go to keep her promise?

The recent Strigoi attack at St. Vladimir’s Academy was the deadliest ever in the school’s history, claiming the lives of Moroi students, teachers, and guardians alike. Even worse, the Strigoi took some of their victims with them. . . including Dimitri.

He’d rather die than be one of them, and now Rose must abandon her best friend, Lissa—the one she has sworn to protect no matter what—and keep the promise Dimitri begged her to make long ago. But with everything at stake, how can she possibly destroy the person she loves most?


By far my favorite out of the whole series! Why you might ask? Because more than half the book is nothing but Rose and Dimitri. Readers get sneak peeks into private moments the two shared when Rose relives her memories of their time together. I couldn't get enough of them. And as much as I like Lissa and Christian and Adrian, I was glad that the story finally started to focus more on Rose and Dimitri. The others are still there, but more so in the background.

I also just adored Dimitri's family. Readers only knew little pieces before but we finally got to meet his mother and sisters. With them being so welcoming and loving towards Rose I couldn't get enough. As much as I love Dimitri, he's never been one to talk too much in the previous installments, so hearing everyone else talk about him completed the picture for me. It also helped me forget for a little while that Rose still hasn't found him and will eventually have to kill him. But then he doesn't give her the chance...he finds her and the hunter and prey switch roles. While I was so happy to see the two together it was also depressing. He wasn't the same guy everyone fell for, and I felt so bad for Rose. It just wasn't fair. To say that Mead once again threw readers a curve ball in the end was an understatement. I was again both sad and happy. I love that Mead has kept the series action packed and no where near boring, but I really just want a happy ending already. I can't wait to devour Spirit Bound next.

I gave Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) 5 shamrocks!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have been reading and enjoying this book series. It is one of my favorites! I can't wait to read the final installment this December.I'm glad you are hooked too! :) Great review, Katelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! I can't wait to read the next one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails