Friday, December 3, 2010

Review: Purpose (Soul Savers #2) by Kristie Cook

Alexis Ames has a life full of promise…but not all promises can be kept.

When Alexis Ames is attacked by creatures that can’t be real, she decides it’s time she learns who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their family’s secrets closely. After meeting the inhumanly attractive, multi-talented Tristan Knight, however, Alexis retreats behind her façade of normalcy…until she discovers he’s not exactly normal either. Then their secrets begin to unravel.

Their union brings hope and promise to her family’s secret society, the Angels’ army, and to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy – Satan’s minions and Tristan’s creators. After all, Alexis and Tristan are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.


I thought I liked the series opener, Promise, but I had no idea how much I would love the second installment. Honestly, it was even better than the first. I'm loving everything about this series and can't believe I have to wait so long to find out what happens next in the third book. Kristie Cook really knows how to keep her readers and fans wanting more!

Promise left me very sad at the end and I wad dying to know what would become of Tristan and Alexis would deal with everything that happened. She was still waiting for answers to so many questions and dealing with a broken heart on top of it all. It just seemed so unfair. Then to find out that Cook has flashed us seven years down the line, I felt like my heart broke all over again for her. But it wasn't all heartache and sadness in this installment. Cook brought back the romance, the wonderful relationships Alexis shares with her family and friends (Sophia, Rina and Owen) and on top of it all we get to know Dorian as well. I adored him and loved their relationship. What a cute and sassy kid! Too cute for words.

I know this isn't a young adult series per se, but I think it still fits for the older YA audience. It's got all the great elements you want in a story and series and Cook's writing flows without effort. It's captivating and full of fun (and sometimes scary) surprises. I can only hope the third installment in the Soul Savers series comes out soon because once again Cook left me with questions I want answers to and not to mention I just can never get enough of these characters! I loved, loved, loved this book!

I gave Purpose (Soul Savers #2) 5 shamrocks!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails