Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Countdown: 2012 Releases (5)

As big of a reader as I am, I can never seem to get caught up on all the books I've decided to add to my collection. No matter what I do, there just always seems to be more titles that get added to my list and more authors that become favorites that I constantly find myself following up on. Don't get me wrong, this is not a problem that I'm complaining about, but at some point my organizational skills only go so far when it comes down to making sure these titles I've added to my "list" don't fall through the cracks. So most of you know by now that I've come to be a big advocate of the countdown posts. It's the only way that I've been able to manage my ever growing TBR lists. And on top of all that, it's gets me excited all over again each time I do further research on certain titles and authors, or get another look at exceptional covers that act as more than that, they become works of art that are ingrained in my head. So here's another round of books that I've been or will be counting down towards their releases dates.

Countdown Pick #1: Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten White (07/24/2012)

The third book in the Paranormalcy trilogy.

The final chapter of Evie's adventures. Old friends, new ones, all wrapped up in impossible decisions. And some ball gowns. Because what's a life of normal and paranormal drama without a ball gown or two?


I admitted yesterday in my new finds post that I somehow lost track of this series. It had nothing to do with the writing or how much I liked the series, it simply happened. I think since I read the series' first installment, Paranormalcy in ARC form, it was a very long time (or it seemed that way) before the second installment's release date. So now that I've corrected that error of mine and plan on picking up a copy of the Supernaturally soon, I wanted to include the final title in the trilogy so that I would repeat my previous mistakes. Since I've got no idea what will happen in book two, I can't even begin to guess what this final chapter will bring to readers. All I can say is that after enjoying the series' opener as much as I did, I'm looking forward to what White will bring to the table to wrap this trilogy up.

Countdown Pick #2: Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London (05/29/2012)

This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn't until she meets Victor, Valentine's son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters...


Darkness Before Dawn is a fresh new story with captivating characters, unexpected plot twists, a fascinating setting, and a compelling voice. Written under the name J.A. London by a talented mother-son team, the trilogy is perfect for fans of True Blood and the House of Night and Morganville Vampires series.


Ok, can I just say how super excited I am about this future release??? I don't even know where to begin. Rachel Hawthorne, the mother of this mother-son team has always been a favorite of mine. Her Dark Guardian series had me hooked from the first book all the way through until the fourth book. And even after that, I couldn't believe she wasn't continuing the series right away and churning out more titles to add to the series. I was so disappointed and could only hope she changed her mind in the future. While I haven't heard any news regarding that series, when I heard she'd be coming out with a new series that she was co-writing with her son, I couldn't believe my luck. I really felt like, well at least if she's not going to continue with the Dark Guardians that she'll give her readers something else in the meantime. And this trilogy sounds like it's going to be a winner. So go check out the series' site and see for your self, all the exciting information surrounding this new series!

Countdown Pick #3: Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (10/09/2012)

Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett’s unique ability to travel through time and space brings him into Anna’s life, and with him, a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, they face the reality that time might knock Bennett back where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate—and what consequences they can bear in order to stay together.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, TIME BETWEEN US is a stunning and spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new talent in YA fiction.


I love the idea behind this one. Does it remind you a little bit of the move The Lake House where the two characters are from different times and yet somehow find their way to each other and fall in love? Yes, but since I was a fan of that movie, I'm hoping I'll have the same reaction to this book. It does sound like there's potential for not only an epic romance, but also epic heartache for both the characters and readers all around. But now that I've come across this title, there's no going back. It's on my radar and I can't wait for when it hits the shelves in October.

Countdown Pick #4: Renegade by J.A. Souders (11/13/2012)

Since the age of three, sixteen-year-old Evelyn Winters has been trained to be Daughter of the People in the underwater utopia known as Elysium. Selected from hundreds of children for her ideal genes all her life she’s thought that everything was perfect; her world. Her people. The Law.

But when Gavin Hunter, a Surface Dweller, accidentally stumbles into their secluded little world, she’s forced to come to a startling realization: everything she knows is a lie. Her memories have been altered. Her mind and body aren’t under her own control. And the person she knows as Mother is a monster.

Together with Gavin she plans her escape, only to learn that her own mind is a ticking time bomb... and Mother has one last secret that will destroy them all.


Underwater society...now we're getting somewhere on the originality front. It may have been pitched before but not very often, and for this reason it's already made my list. Getting the chance to add yet another new author to my cache of possible new favorites...yet another positive to look forward to. And then we're got the white knight angle where the character Gavin is concerned...swooping in to alert Evelyn to all not being what it seems in her world and trying to save her and the day...well let's just say we all knew there was no way this wasn't making my countdown!

Countdown Pick #5: Through To You by Emily Hainsworth (10/02/2012)

A romantic sci-fi thriller about love and second chances.

Camden Pike has been grief-stricken since his girlfriend, Viv, died. Viv was the last good thing in his life: helping him rebuild his identity after a career-ending football injury, picking up the pieces when his home life shattered, and healing his pain long after the pain meds wore off. And now, he’d give anything for one more glimpse of her. But when Cam makes a visit to the site of Viv’s deadly car accident, he sees some kind of apparition. And it isn’t Viv.

The apparition’s name is Nina, and she’s not a ghost. She’s a girl from a parallel world, and in this world, Viv is still alive. Cam can’t believe his wildest dreams have come true. All he can focus on is getting his girlfriend back, no matter the cost. But things are different in this other world: Viv and Cam have both made very different choices, things between them have changed in unexpected ways, and Viv isn’t the same girl he remembers. Nina is keeping some dangerous secrets, too, and the window between the worlds is shrinking every day. As Cam comes to terms with who this Viv has become, and the part Nina played in his parallel story, he’s forced to choose—stay with Viv or let her go—before the window closes between them once and for all.


Hello scary! I'm not usually one to opt for anything scary or gory, but sometimes a little tension and suspense I can handle and it gets me away from my normal reading material. I usually pull these titles out when I feel like I could get into a reading rut and instead of letting that happen, I try to change things up. While this one still hints at the romantic elements, it sounds to me like the suspense will outweigh the romance don't you think? While I'm not sure what secrets the write up describes this Nina character to possibly be keeping, but whatever those might be...I think it's safe to say that they won't be little white lies...they'll be bombs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails