Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review: Wildwing by Emily Whitman


When Addy is swept back in time, she couldn't be happier to leave her miserable life behind. Now she's mistaken for Lady Matilda, the pampered ward of the king. If Addy can play her part, she'll have glorious gowns, jewels, and something she's always longed for the respect and admiration of others. But then she meets Will, the falconer's son with sky blue eyes, who unsettles all her plans.
From shipwrecks to castle dungeons, from betrothals to hidden conspiracies, Addy finds herself in a world where she's not the only one with a dangerous secret. When she discovers the truth, Addy must take matters into her own hands. The stakes? Her chance at true love . . . and the life she's meant to live.

While I might be late to the game where this title is concerned since it came out in 2010, I'm glad I showed up regardless.  This is a title I received as a gift from a friend and unfortunately let it sit on my shelf for far too long....obviously.  I'm not quite sure what finally had me getting around to taking it off the shelf and giving it a whirl, but I found it highly entertaining.  The idea of Whitman's main character, Addy, getting the chance to escape her current reality and take advantage of a time traveling machine that puts her way back in the day, and at a much high elevated position was fun to say the least.

Who doesn't wish at least once in their life that they could have the chance to walk in someone else's shoes and see what it would be like to lead a different kind of life from their own right?  I know I have on more than one occasion, and Whitman's character gets the chance to do just that.  Time traveling, the intrigues of court life, romance and betrayals, all rolled up into Whitman's title.  It was entertaining, with plenty of twists and turns within the plot to leave readers wondering what would come next, and how Addy could possibly pull off the charade and make things right....but boy did I enjoy myself throughout the process.

I gave Wildwing 3 shamrocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails