Friday, November 22, 2013

Review: Beautifully Broken (Spellbound, #1) by Sherry Soule

Deadly Witchcraft. Ghostly Threats. Doomed Romance.They say every town has its secrets, but that doesn’t even begin to describe Fallen Oaks. The townsfolk are a superstitious lot and the mystical disappearance of a local teen has everyone murmuring about a centuries old witch’s curse.

When sixteen-year-old Shiloh Trudell takes a summer job at Craven Manor, she discovers a ghost with an agenda. That’s where she meets the new town hottie, Trent Donovan, and immediately becomes enchanted by his charms.

Finally, Shiloh’s met someone who is super cute and totally into her, but Trent is immersed in the cunning deception that surrounds the mysterious Craven Manor. So much so that he may lose sight of what is truly important to him. And she can’t decide whether she wants to shake him or kiss him. Yet neither one of them can deny the immediate, passionate connection growing between them.

With cryptic messages from a pesky wraith, Shiloh will finally begin to understand the mysterious significance of the strange mark branded on her wrist and decide how much she’s willing to sacrifice to protect the other teenagers in town.

Unfortunately, for Shiloh, not all ghosts want help crossing over. Some want vengeance.
 
One of the main reasons I love getting recommendations for new books to read is because without a helpful hint here and there, it's a simple fact that there are just too many great books out there to read.  It's a problem that I welcome as opposed to the other side of the coin, but it also makes it nearly impossible to read each and every great title out there.  So when I get the opportunity I try my very best to check out each and every recommendation I'm given.  In this case, I was asked to participate in a blast post revolving around Soule's Spellbound series and the chance to read and review her first two installments.  I can only say that while I liked the sound of the book's synopsis, it was about all I had to go on.  I had never read anything else of Soule, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but what I found was an individual that was doing what she was meant to do.  Soule's writing flows without any blips or hangups, and readers are free to cruise right along with her fantastic characters while enjoying this wonderful and unique world she's created for audiences.
 
Shiloh is a heroine that readers will root for and want to know more about.  Her background and characteristics are unfolded in many layers but wonderfully spun out at just the right times and places.  The dialogue between Shiloh and the rest of Soule's characters, mainly her best friend and love interest will hold readers to the pages and have them feeling as if they're apart of all the action as well as each conversation. 
 
And with each and every remarkable twist and turn this story takes, the cliffhanger at the ending left me reeling.  I was immediately begging for the chance to read and review the second installment not only to find out what happened right after that doozy of an ending but to see what all would be in store next for these characters in this fresh and fun new world.  I can't wait to dive right in and find out for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails