Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Review: Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.


Hooked again! Personally, I’m a series reader….when I fall in love with a really great book, I fall in love with all of it. The plot, the characters, and the world the author has created for them and everything in between. This is why for me, when I learn there will be a sequel to a book I’ve just fallen in love with it’s a silver lining that I grab on to.

Fallen by Lauren Kate has done just that….hooked me to yet another series that I will be dying to continue reading and counting down the days until the next installment hits the bookshelves (how many days until September 28th?).

Kate created characters in Fallen like Luce, and Daniel and Arriane, who were so full of personality and mystery on top of it that as a reader I was reading as quickly as I could hoping to learn their secrets with each turn of the page. Some secrets came out, others have yet to be revealed. Fallen had me guessing until the very end, even when I thought I was putting the pieces of the puzzle together, new questions were thrown in, it was fabulous! Keeping with the way most series work, Fallen left readers wanting more.
Kate was able to integrate so many different elements throughout the novel and yet I wasn’t feeling overwhelmed with all the information she was giving her readers. I will admit to being disappointed that I was left slightly anxious and nervous concerning the characters fates and futures, but anyone who picks up this novel will agree that the frustration over unanswered questions was worth it!

Now we’re all just anxiously awaiting the release of the next installment in the Fallen series, Torment.

I gave Fallen (Fallen, #1) 4 shamrocks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails