Friday, January 25, 2013

Debut Author Challenge 2013

We've talked about it before, most of us in the blogosphere have participated in it one year or another, and it's back for 2013!  The Debut Author Challenge is something I mentioned as a part of one of my bookish goals for 2013 and I plan on not just participating in it, but I'll be doing that regularly and also to completion. Normally in the past it has been hosted by Krisi over at The Story Siren but this year Hobbitsies has taken on the challenge and role of playing host.  Hats off to that blog because this has to be a HUGE undertaking but one that I know everyone is appreciative of, I know I am!  To get all the information if you're looking you can head on over and check out all the details, but here's the gist of it.

We're helping debut authors out with exposure while also getting the chance to check their new releases out for ourselves, but I think this goes for everyone, I managed to find out about a ton of titles over the years through this challenge only because other participants had posted their reviews.  So you can definitely expect an overflowing amount of recommendations that you'll want to add to your TBR lists.

The challenge is asking each participant to come up with twelve titles (debuts obviously) to read and review in 2013.  You can read as many as you want but you'll only be eligible for the grand prize at the end of the challenge if you're read the minimum of twelve or more.

The rules are laid out very clearly on the challenge page over at Hobbitsies but basically the only titles that will count are YA or middle grade 2013 debut reads.  The challenge goes from January 1, 2013 thru January 31, 2014 so that all the December debuts can be read as well.  Your reading and reviews must all fall into this period of time.  Each review equates to one entry in the monthly prize pack, so the more reviews you post each month, the more entries you've made yourself eligible for within the contest.

So I'm starting to get my list together and I'm saying it right now, there is just no way I'll be able to limit myself to only twelve titles for this challenge.  Not sure how many I'll be able to get through but I'm going to compile my list and do my best to work my way through as many as I can and see how it all turns out!  Let me know if you guys are signing up and what you'll be reading, recommendations and titles I can add to my own list are always more than appreciated!!!

Happy Reading and Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails