Thursday, January 17, 2013

Review: Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Well it was not a one hit wonder of a series for sure!  With the second installment in this series came new and exciting plot twists and turns for me.  I keep thinking in my head how surprised I still am that this type of series or central characters would appeal to me this much, but I give all the credit to Armentrout's writing and amazing talent.  I'm sure any series written by her dealing with just about any type of characters would be a real winner in my opinion.

Daemon and Katy and the rest of the gang picked up right where they left off and I was still hooked from the very first page.  I had to fight myself every second not to peek at the end of the book to see how things would turn out.  The suspense was killing me....especially when my favorite new sorta-couple wasn't getting along all that well, and a new mystery man came into the picture to drive the wedge between them further apart.  I was not really a huge Blake fan to say the least.  But Armentrout kept me on the edge of my seat once again and biting my nails down to the quick to see what sort of tricks these characters would have up their sleeves to get them out of the mess they found themselves in.

Yet again the cliffhanger at the end had me pulling out the third installment in the series immediately because there was no way I'd be settling for waiting any long period of time before I'd be able to find out what would happen next.  I was so glad that I decided to go ahead and purchase that installment at the same time as this one.  Any wait period may have ended up being the death of me.  I'm just loving everything about this series!

I gave Onyx (Lux, #2) 4 shamrocks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails