Friday, March 1, 2013

Review: Adversary (Ganzfield, #2) by Kate Kaynak

Things are more dangerous than they seem at Ganzfield, and not everyone will survive.  Does Maddie have what it takes? See what happens next in the sequel to Minder.

After all the excitement in the series opener I wasn't sure what to expect with the sequel.  Kaynak really knows how to pack a punch for her readers, and that transferred over into this second installment.  Maddie and the rest of Ganzfield is back with force, but now that they're more familiar with their enemy the stakes were of course raised.

While they might have thought by knowing the identity behind the latest bad guy that things would start to fall into place and perhaps a plan of action would formulate quickly, they were a little too hopeful.  I knew Kaynak wouldn't take it easy on her readers this time around and I was right.  Lots of action going on this time around as well and it was hard to read some of it.  Kaynak had a way with creating her characters in the opener that had me and I'm sure many other readers instantly feeling like they were close friends and family.  So when readers start to see that things aren't going to go smoothly for these characters, at times it was hard to just sit back and watch.

There were surprises, lots of action like I said, of course some more romance, and twists and turns thrown in that at times made me dizzy with all the suspense thrown my way.  Her writing and pacing never gets old or slows down.  With a few new faces on the scene and with even more danger on the horizon, I was glued to this book and wasn't satisfied until I read the very last page.  Even then I was instantly wanting to reach for the third installment.

I'm coming into this series a little late in the game, but for those of you out there in the same boat as me, do yourself a favor and dive into this series so that you can make up for lost time.

I gave Adversary (Ganzfield, #2) 3 shamrocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails