Monday, August 16, 2010

ARC Tour & Review: Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick

Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan.

Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone.

But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected...



I don't have a twitter account and have never tweeted before, but after reading this book I must say I'm quite tempted to start one.  Our main character Claire decides to join the masses on twitter and can't believe her luck when her crush begins following her on line.  I had some issues understanding why Claire was so hung up on JD (her crush) when she didn't really know anything about him to begin with.  An attraction I can understand, but a full out crush on someone who's practically a stranger baffled me.  This took me a little while to overcome but eventually I powered through.

The tweet, email and conversational format was somewhat overwhelming but I settled into it and now looking back, enjoyed the different styles.  Between Claire's blog, everyone's tweets and reactions to the goings on of their friends, I found myself having fun the whole way through.  Because of the unique format you feel as if you're right there in the mix with the characters themselves.  Readers will want to insert their own tweets and be able to send their own emails to the characters.  You're getting firsthand feedback and will want to keep turning the pages to see what these characters do next.

Lots of fun to read, definitely different than anything I've read before and would say I'd read more like it in the future.  For an author's debut novel, I'd say Rudnick hit it out of the park and surprised readers all over!

I gave Tweet Heart 3 shamrocks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails