Friday, August 27, 2010

ARC Tour & Review: The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

Lucy Sexton is stunned when a disheveled woman appears at the door one day... a woman who bears an uncanny resemblance to Lucy's own beautiful mother. It turns out the two women are identical twins, separated at birth, and raised in dramatically different circumstances. Lucy's mother quickly resolves to give her less fortunate sister the kind of life she has never known. And the transformation in Aunt Helen is indeed remarkable. But when Helen begins to imitate her sister in every way, even Lucy isn't sure at times which twin is which. Can Helen really be trusted, or does her sweet face mask a chilling agenda?

I need to start out by saying that I liked this book but I want to also warn readers that it was not a quick read.  I wouldn't say I struggled to get through it but at the same time it took me longer than most to complete.  I wasn't truly prepared for the overall story line in this book.  I don't know that the summary/description on the back of the book does it justice but I was floored when finally getting a little ways into it.

Lauren Baratz-Logsted will not be an author I accuse of having predictable plot points.  I was just trying to keep up with her and I'll admit that I think I failed in that department, I was totally out of my league half the time.  I might still be trying to figure out what happened to be honest.  It was what I would call a wild ride but it was a bit frustrating at times because to me I was constantly confused for some reason or another.  I never could get a handle on what was going to happen or who was going to do what.  People were undergoing very large changes and I was just trying to keep up half the time.  I'll be very curious to see what everyone else thinks of Lucy, Helen, Kit and the rest of the gang, for now I'm going to keep trying to piece everything together and see if I can start to make sense of it all.

I gave The Twin's Daughter 3 shamrocks!!!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the honest review! I have been reading mixed reviews about this one. I think I may skip this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounded fascinating but I hate going through what you are describing! I just hate feeling like I can't get a handle on what the heck is going on throughout most of the book. It just irks me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an amazing plot! It IS annoying when you have no idea whats going on sometimes. :P But the summary is just.So.Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Hmm...this seems like not your normal novel. It sounds promising though. Maybe I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails