Friday, January 6, 2012

Reivew: Solid (Solid, #1) by Shelley Workinger

Teens who discover they were secretly genetically altered before birth are brought together at a classified site where they forge new friendships, find love, develop "super-abilities," and even unearth a conspiracy.

Fantastic premise, lovable characters, and writing that will grab hold of you and refuse to let go until the very last page. And to be honest, even after I finished the very last sentence I was wishing it wasn't over. I only wanted more, to know what would happen next and to see where things would go from there. That to me is the definition of a great read. If you can close the book with the feeling of excitement and anxiety over not knowing what will happen next for the characters you've fallen in love with, than you've got yourself a winner.

Workinger surprised me to say the least. I wasn't sure what to expect from this book with such a short synopsis and no previous experience with the author to date, but all it took was the first chapter to have me hooked on her writing. Her characters had just enough depth and background to get your interested but without overwhelming you right out of the gate, and they came with an instant likability factor. You couldn't help but become invested in their future and current plight. Their situation was unique and yet not so unbelievable that I was rolling my eyes from the get go.

Clio and her friends have a lot of work ahead of them in order to find out what's really going on and how they can handle their current situation and future problems, but they're not alone. After they band together with a common goal in mind, the fun really starts. There was tension, romance, mystery and excitement. This really became one of those sleeper novels that through me for a loop. I didn't really come into this read with any expectations but ended up calling it one of my favorites. Workinger has made herself an instant fan, and I honestly don't think I'm the only one. So if you're on the lookout for a new read and haven't checked this one out yet, do yourself a favor and pick up today. It will leave you wanting more, but you're in luck, the second in her Solid series, Settling, is already on the shelves and waiting for you to continue the journey. I can't wait to see what's in store for my favorites characters next!

I gave Solid (Solid, #1) 4 shamrocks!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails