Monday, September 20, 2010

ARC Tour & Review: Salvaged by Stefne Miller

'My body was being torn apart, and my stomach felt as if it exploded. The pain was excruciating, and I was aware that I was dying... 'Mom?' My vision was murky, but I could see her face. It was bloody, and her eyes were large and full of fear. Her voice calmed. 'Get out of the car, Attie.' Her words sounded crisp and clear. I looked into the backseat in search of Melody and found her lying covered in blood in a twisted heap on the floor. I turned my attention back to my mother and out of the corner of my eye saw fire. 'Get out, Attie!' 'Mom?' Everything went dark.' Attie Reed should have died in the wreck that stole the lives of her mother and best friend. But her life was spared. Why? When Attie moves to Oklahoma to stay with the Bennetts for the summer, she hopes she has left her nightmares behind. But her battle is far from over, and Riley Bennett steps forward to help her fight the nighttime monsters. As the battle wears on, Riley begins fighting monsters of his own: his feelings for Attie. And Attie realizes she must begin to face the monsters of the night herself if she wants to conquer them for good. Can Attie's life be Salvaged?

If you take a look at the reviews for this book, Stefne Miller seems to have made quite a lasting impression on just about everyone that's cracked this book's cover open.  I was pulled in with the summary but worried the hype and buildup for this one might end up raising my hopes and then letting me down when it didn't meet my high expectations.  As it turns out I had no reason to worry.  Miller may as well add me to her list of followers.  I was so impressed with this book and can't believe it took me this long to add it to my collection.  I'm heading over to Miller's site pronto to get myself a signed copy to call my own.

Fans can often be heard quoting one liners from their favorite movies, but it's not so common with books.  This book gave me priceless gems!  The conversations the characters share, especially where Attie is concerned are still stuck in my head.  I can't wait to tell my family and friends about this one....I'm thinking stocking stuffers and birthday presents for sure.

This book deals with serious and heavy plot lines so you wouldn't expect to be feeling light and happy after reading it but I was.  I left feeling content and a satisfied.  It lightened my mood and just made me want to smile.  Sounds silly and corny I know, but there you have it.  I'd recommend this one to all my friends and family and can't wait to get my own copy to add to my collection.

I gave Salvaged 4 shamrocks!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Thank you for taking the time to read the book and give it such an amazing review! I'm honored!

    I'll be sure to let you know when the sequel, "Rise" comes out. Expect it some time in the spring.

    Blessings,
    Stefne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it would really impact anyone who read it! *Adding to TBR list*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually my first time hearing about this book. It sounds really good. I'll definitely put this one on my TBR list. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dying to read this ever since I put it on my Top Ten Tuesday list for favorite covers! So glad to see that you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails