Sunday, September 5, 2010

In My Mailbox (22)

This is a meme that I first heard about from Kristi over at The Story Siren and immediately wanted to jump on board.

This past week I tried to reign myself in a bit and focus on getting through the large TBR pile I've created for myself, but I still managed to snag a few, lol!


ARC Tours

Things I Know About Love by Kate Le Vann (We Love YA Tours)

Livia's experience of love has been disappointing to say the least. But all that is about to change. After years of illness, she's off to spend the summer with her brother in America. She's making up for lost time, and she's writing it all down in her private blog. America is everything she ever dreamed of - and then she meets Adam. Can Livia put the past behind her and risk falling in love again? 


Bought/Received

Confessions Of The Sullivan Sisters by Natalie Standiford (thanks to Scholastic)

The Sullivan sisters have a big problem. On Christmas Day their rich and imperious grandmother gathers the family and announces that she will soon die . . .and has cut the entire family out of her will. Since she is the source of almost all their income, this means they will soon be penniless.

Someone in the family has offended her deeply. If that person comes forward with a confession of her (or his) crime, submitted in writing to her lawyer by New Year's Day, she will reinstate the family in her will. Or at least consider it. 

And so the confessions begin....

Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr (thanks to Rachel)

Half-human and half-faery, Ani is driven by her hungers.

Those same appetites also attract powerful enemies and uncertain allies, including Devlin. He was created as an assassin and is brother to the faeries' coolly logical High Queen and to her chaotic twin, the embodiment of War. Devlin wants to keep Ani safe from his sisters, knowing that if he fails, he will be the instrument of Ani's death.

Ani isn't one to be guarded while others fight battles for her, though. She has the courage to protect herself and the ability to alter Devlin's plans—and his life. The two are drawn together, each with reason to fear the other and to fear for one another. But as they grow closer, a larger threat imperils the whole of Faerie. Will saving the faery realm mean losing each other?

2 comments:

  1. Great books! Confessions Of The Sullivan Sisters looks fantastic, so I can't wait to see your review for it. Also, while I wasn't the biggest fan of Things I Know About Love, I still hope you'll enjoy it a lot more than I did. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you got some good books this week! My week was one big FAIL as far as books in the mailbox come!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails