Friday, April 12, 2013

Review: Poison (Legacy, #2) by Molly Cochran

Arthurian legend mixes with modern-day witchcraft in this haunting sequel to Legacy, which Publishers Weekly said “should please the legions of paranormal fans looking for a sophisticated supernatural thriller.” After the riveting—and romantic—events of Legacy, Katy has won Peter’s heart and is nowclaiming her place in the magical world. Though half the students at her boarding school come from witching lines, the use of magic is expressly forbidden at Ainsworth, so as to keep the witching world hidden from the blue-blooded preppies, aka Muffies, who also walk the halls.

     But the Muffies have at least a notion of magic, because Katy catches them staging a made-up ritual—and to her astonishment, the girls collapse at Katy’s feet and fall into comas. When Katy is blamed, she becomes desperate to clear her name and finds herself battling all odds to harness her growing magical powers in order to save the Muffies and dispel the Darkness once more.


After enjoying the first installment in the series as much as I did I had high hopes for this sequel and I have to admit that it surpassed my expectations.  At times I was frustrated but mainly with myself and my inability to read any faster than what I was.  I was trying to scrape any time I could together during the day and at night so that I could open up this book and get a little further into it.  I was hooked and there was no way I was going to be satisfied until I was finished.

Once again Cochran brought back her wonderful characters, and the exciting plot that I enjoyed so much the first time around.  Katy and Peter were of course the ones that I wanted to hear most about, and while I was surprised with the way things played out through this installment between the two of them, only Cochran and her amazing writing talent could do their relationship justice.  The muffies were back and they were as bad as ever, always stirring the pot and causing trouble, but this time around they didn't get off scott free....better get to reading if you want to find out more on that.  The other old and familiar faces that I was eager to see more of were back and again they didn't disappoint.

Cochran brought some new characters into her story as well as some Arthurian myths and legends that were so much fun I had trouble closing the book at times.  Morgan and especially Bryce were awesome additions and as much fun as they were refreshing.  Their added story lines were unique and entertaining from start to finish.

As always once I made my way through to the final page I just couldn't help but want to start on the next installment in the series right away.  The only problem...it's not out yet.  Still in the works, but by now I have no doubt that Cochran will produce another amazing and highly entertaining installment in the Legacy series and I can't wait to get the chance to read on.

I gave Poison (Legacy, #2) 4 shamrocks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails