Monday, April 15, 2013

Review: Winging It (The Dragon Diaries, #2) by Deborah Cooke

Zoë Sorensson yearns to come into her powers as the only female dragon shifter. But being part of two worlds is more complicated than she expected. It's bad enough that she's the target of the Mages's plan to eliminate all shifters-but she also has to hide her true nature from her human best friend, Megan. 

But when Megan gets a last-minute invite to the popular kids' Halloween party-hosted by an apprentice Mage-Zoë must save the day and her best friend without revealing her fire- breathing secrets...

The fun and excitement continues.  I only wish I hadn't put so much time between reading this one and the first installment.  I did a little refresher and then flew through this sequel, eager for more.  Cooke put together such a great group of characters in the series opener and added even more this time around.

New shifters come to light and enter the mix and of course drama follows.  Zoe must still keep Megan in the dark and that continues to take a toll on their relationship.  Adding to that problem, Jared and Zoe's non-relationship continues to spin and confuse bother her and I'm sure readers in general.  I was one of those confused individuals.  I love Jared, but he was such a "guy" this time around.  I can only hope he can clean up his act and his attitude in the next installment, Blazing the Trail.

And of course Cooke had to keep things interesting by throwing Derek into the mix to complete a perfectly frustrating love triangle...major anxiety inducer.  So my fan gear has kicked back in and I can't wait to see how things go forward.  I'm of course crossing my fingers for a happy ending and one that involves a Zoe and Jared reconciliation.

I gave Winging It (The Dragon Diaries, #2) 3 shamrocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails