Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Betrayed (Guardian Legacy, #2) by Ednah Walters

Lil has come to terms with her life as a Guardian/demon hunter and the wielder of the Nephilim most powerful weapon-the Kris Dagger. She trains everyday to master her growing powers, gets along with her Guardian trainee friends, most of the time, and cherishes the time she spends with her human friends. Just when she feels she belongs, her nature-bender father contacts her and warns her about a betrayal by someone close to her.

Then Bran, the boy she loves, starts to act strange and one of her human friends acquires a supernatural ability. While Lil struggles find a connection between these three things, she begins to realize that someone is manipulating her and will stop at nothing, including hurting those she loves, to lure her to the dark side.

I've just got to say it...I'm kinda crazy about this series. It's fun, exciting, it's chalk full of great characters, and I'm always wondering what's going to happen next. I'm still not a fan of these covers, but by not judging a book that way I lucked out this time around. Walters had me a little nervous (OK, a lot) throughout this sequel, and once again I'm anxious for the next installment in the series.

Lil and Bran will always have obstacles to overcome (it's in their job description) but this time around I'm worried it may be insurmountable. I can only hope Walters throws another curve ball in book three and proves me wrong. I'd really like to be wrong. And without the new bodyguards that were introduced...love them. They added new dimension and extra layers to our background. Not to mention tossed a wrench into my preconception of their kind.

So all in all I'm looking forward to the next book and I'm crossing my fingers (as always) that the adorable couple pulls through.

I gave Betrayed (Guardian Legacy, #2) 3 shamrocks!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails