Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Review: Secrets (The Ivy, #2) by Lauren Kunze, Rina Onur

Reputation, Reputation, Reputation.

You're a student at the most prestigious university in the country, and you've been tapped for the most elite social club. You've made it!

Now Don't Blow It!

Callie Andrews triumphed during her first semester at Harvard: she made incomparable friends, found the perfect boyfriend, and received invitations to the most exclusive secret societies. But she may have ruined every-thing with one ill-fated night. Now she's keeping secrets from everyone, including—

Clint the upperclassman who's too good to be true

Vanessa the best friend turned backstabber

Gregory the guy who's a total(ly hot) mistake

and Lexi the social queen who wants to bring Callie down.

But Callie didn't get into Harvard by giving up, and she isn't about to now. Besides, she's not the only one with something to hide. . . .

I didn't think it was possible for Lexi to be any nastier, but boy was I mistaken. her devious actions and awful manipulation in this second installment make her look like a cupcake in The Ivy. It's crazy and out of control and had me wanting to throw my book across the room a couple of times. She's just that awful!

That being said, Kunze and Onur managed to capture me right from the start and had me feeling like I was on Harvard's campus all over again. The traditions, adventures, and craziness they describe is highly entertaining and I always want more.

Callie's problems grow and miscommunication is at the center of it all this time around. I couldn't believe the ups and downs she took with Vanessa, Lexi, Clint and Gregory. I could only read on and sympathize with her as her problems continued to mount. Ouch.

Like last time, Kunze and Onur left readers with a pretty juicy cliffhanger and book three, Rivals can't hit the shelves soon enough. I have to know what happens, and the suspense might actually kill me...slowly.

I gave Secrets (The Ivy, #2) 4 shamrocks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails