Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Review: Burned (House of Night, # 7) by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

Y’all need to get yourselves together. Here’s a newsflash from the only High Priestess you have left at this dang school: Zoey isn’t dead. And believe me, I know dead. I’ve been there, done that and got the fricken tee-shirt.

Zoey Redbird is the youngest High Priestess in House of Night history and is the only person—vamp or fledgling—that can stop the evil Neferet from raising all kinds of immortal trouble. And she might just have a chance if she wasn’t so busy being dead.Well, dead is too strong a word. Stevie Rae knows she can bring her BFF back from her unscheduled va-cay in the Otherworld. But it’s going to take a lot more than hoping to bring Zoey back. Stevie Rae will have to give up a few secrets of her own...


Now with this being the 7th and newest installment in the House of Night series it might be a little different from some of my other reviews, mainly because I don't want to accidentally include any spoilers and ruin it for readers who haven't had the chance to read the previous installments. I fell in love with the House Of Night series from the very beginning and I know that I'm not alone in my enthusiasm. If you haven't read this series you should, end of discussion.
I will say this for those readers out there who are familiar with Zoey Redbird and the rest of the House Of Night crew...Burned was not a let down in any way, shape or form. It had everything I wanted and hoped for from it. The suspense, the mystery, the romance and all the problems that usually go hand in hand with that. I laughed at the characters' witty humor and even found myself close to tears at one point, I can totally be a sucker like that. But what I'm trying to say is that it had it all, everything you could ask for from the series.

P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast took me and I'm sure everyone who reads this book on a non-stop journey that will have you feeling like you're a character in the story yourself. We went to the "Otherworld", an island in Scotland, Venice, Italy, and of course good ole' Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was fantastic and memorable, a story that has stayed with me long after I finished the last page. This mother and daughter writing team really know how to weave a YA novel that will keep readers hooked and always wanting more, more, more! Once again I've found myself wishing that the next installment was coming out tomorrow so that I never have to stop reading.

One snippet I will mention * BEWARE OF A POSSIBLE SPOILER* I am and have always been on TEAM STARK...yes I felt the need to put that in all caps, it shows how much I adore him! This was the first book in the House Of Night series that I really felt did him justice, and gave him the spotlight he so rightly deserved.

Will Zoey be able to pull herself together (literally)? Will Stark and the rest of her friends manage to break through to her and get their high priestess back? Or will the Neferet and Darkness claim a victory that will leave all of us "insignificant" humans in danger? I guess you'll have to read and find out, because I'm sure not telling!

I gave Burned (House of Night, #7) 4 shamrocks - my favorite House Of Night book yet!



7 comments:

  1. I won't give anything away either but I loved it too! Oh and out of all of Z's guys I am Team Stark also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I liked you Felicia! Yey Team Stark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to read this!!! TEAM STARK here too! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Great review! I am glad you enjoyed this book; I pre-ordered it and I hope it comes soon! It was your fav. HON book yet? That's promising b/c I was worried about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally Christina! I love all the books, but this one was a landslide for me, we get more of the other characters which I really loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read the HoN boks 1-5, but I have yet to read 6 or 7. Glad to hear that you think this is the best one yet! As soon as Stark came into the picture (book 4?) he was my fave. Go Team Stark!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails