Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesday & More (3)

Yes it's that time again...

“Teaser Tuesday” is a weekly meme hosted by Mizb of Should Be Reading.  Anyone can do it, here’s how:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  4. Share the title and the author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.
  • Be careful not to include SPOILERS!  (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, you don't want to ruin the book for others.)

This week my teaser comes from Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


"For once in my life, I was here and nowhere else.  

And then I opened my eyes and it was just Grace and me - nothing anywhere but Grace and me - she pressing her lips together as though she were keeping my kiss inside her, and me, holding this moment that was as fragile as a bird in my hands."


I'm not even half way through the book and this quote alone makes me want to keep reading to see what happens next.


In other news I recently joined...Hop Around the Blogs!

This is hosted by Jennifer over at Crazy-for-Books and it's just a fabulous idea that I couldn't resist participating in.  In case you are a fellow blogger or just want to check out other fabulous blogs, here are the details from Jennifer's blog.

This is a weekly event, hosted here, where book bloggers and readers can connect to find new blogs to read. It's a great way to network with other bloggers and make new friends! Every day I seem to find another book blog that I start following. In the spirit of the Friday Follow, I thought it would be cool to do a Book Blogger Hop to give us all bookies a chance to connect and find new blogs that we may be missing out on! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs that they may not know existed!

So hop on over and check out some other blogs, I've already found a good number that I've started following that I'm not sure I would have found otherwise, and I've been told a few people have found me this way and began following me as well, so thanks for that!  Eventually I'm hoping to get my number of followers up so that I can start hosting some great book giveaways...but if that doesn't happen, I'll host them all the same :)

Happy Reading as always!



8 comments:

  1. I'm hoping this comes into the library soon (I have it on hold). I'm so anxious to read it!

    My teaser is at http://onebooktime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katelyn, thanks for coming by my blog. Yours is so pretty! I'll stop by often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent teaser! I've been seeing this book a lot lately, so it must be good. I want to read it!

    P.S. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm your follower now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by my site! Yours is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to look through my blog! ANd I really hope ou enjoy Shiver! It's one of my favorite books. :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!

    You have an awesome site that I am now following ... loving this blog hop (",).

    Shiver is one of the loveliest books I've read in a long time.

    Have a great day!

    http://paranormal-obsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked Shiver and I can't wait to read Linger. I hope you are enjoying the book.

    I'm visiting from the Book Blogger Hop and I really like your blog.

    If you'd like you can visit me at Reading Extensively

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails