Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (5)

It's that time again....

"Teaser Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Mizb of Should Be Reading.  Anyone can do it, here's how:

  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  4. Share the title and the author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers.
  • Be careful not to include SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, you don't want to ruin the book for others.)

 Since I'm kinda making this week all about Maria V. Snyder and her books with my upcoming contest, book signing pics and quotes, etc... why not my "teaser" as well?

This "teaser" comes from Maria's 2nd installment in her Study series, Magic Study.

"He pulled my arm out to expose my bracelet. 'When I carved this my thoughts were on you, love. Your life is like this snake's coils. No matter how many turns it makes, you'll end up back where you belong. With me.'"

All of Maria's books have become a part of my top favorites of all times, but I just really love the characters in her Study series...Yelena and Valek, Ari and Janco, the list goes on...

She does such a wonderful job weaving her characters and storylines together that you'll be blown away if you haven't read them yet...her books never leave you dissapointed and always leave you wanting more...what more could you ask for from an author?

Do you have a good "teaser" from a great book you're reading?  Leave me a comment below and I'll check it out...

As far as the upcoming contest goes....better check back in with me tomorrow for your first chance to sign up and see what's up for grabs!

Also...on a side note...for all you bloggers out there looking to jump on a book tour...there's still one spot left for The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson tour over at International Book Tours!  I'm signed up for the tour and can't wait to read this book.  



Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker, bookworm and band geek, plays second clarinet and spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey. 

But when Bailey dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to center stage of her own life—and, despite her nonexistent history with boys, suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two. 

Toby was Bailey’s boyfriend; his grief mirrors Lennie’s own. Joe is the new boy in town, a transplant from Paris whose nearly magical grin is matched only by his musical talent.

For Lennie, they’re the sun and the moon; one boy takes her out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it. But just like their celestial counterparts, they can’t collide without the whole wide world exploding.

Doesn't that sound like potential for a great read?  I thought so and didn't hesitate to sign up...maybe you should too!

10 comments:

  1. I too love the Study series. You picked a great teaser for the book. My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I haven't read it yet. I've heard it's great tho! I love the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finding a lot of good blogs today by visiting the TT posts.

    I have a two-fer teaser on Rose City Reader this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys...and definitely check out Maria's Study series if you haven't already...actually all of her books are fantastic! I'm heading over to check out your teasers now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teasers! I loved them! Hope you will like mine too. It is from Love is Hell, the collection of short stories with a teaser for each one!

    http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/2010/04/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic teaser! I haven't read this series yet but I did enjoy Storm Glass and Sea Glass. I should have started with the Study series first!

    Here is my teaser from The Body Finder

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Emma and Christina...and Christina...no worries I actually started with the Glass series too and immediately wanted the 3rd in the series to come out and since it wasn't I jumped to the Study series...they're all so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my Tuesday Teaser. You asked where to start with Jim Butcher. If you like contemporary urban fantasy, start with Storm Front which will let you see if you like the Harry Dresden books. I think Furies of Calderon, his other series, is more like the Study books of Maria V. Snyder in that it is totally a fantasy world. Either or both are very good books, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails