Saturday, April 14, 2012

Book Covers and Dresses

I hope everyone's having a great weekend so far...I know for most people Saturday is their favorite day of the week for obvious reasons, but for me, it's a personal favorite because I usually become most productive on Saturdays and enjoy my relaxing reading and TV/movie watching on Sundays. So I try my best to get as much accomplished as I can on Saturdays (after I've slept in of course) and today is no different. Today I'm on bridesmaid duty. I've got two bridesmaids dresses that I'll be wearing in weddings this summer and they need alterations. So today is the day that I use my time wisely and take myself and those dresses to the seamstress to get the ball rolling. While I was attempting to get myself organized I started to think about how many beautiful YA covers there are out in the book universe that feature gorgeous dresses that make me and I'm sure a lot of other girls drool when we lay eyes on them.

Here are a few of my favorites...which are yours?

Entwined by Heather Dixon (03/29/2011)

Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her...beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing...it's taken away. All of it.

The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.


Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.


But there is a cost.


The Keeper likes to keep things.


Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.



The Vespertine (The Vespertine, #1) by Saundra Mitchell (03/07/2011)

It's the summer of 1889, and Amelia van den Broek is new to Baltimore and eager to take in all the pleasures the city has to offer. But her gaiety is interrupted by disturbing, dreamlike visions she has only at sunset - visions that offer glimpses of the future.

Soon, friends and strangers alike call on Amelia to hear her prophecies. However, a forbidden romance with Nathaniel, an artist, threatens the new life Amelia is building in Baltimore.

This enigmatic young man is keeping secrets of his own - still, Amelia finds herself irrepressibly drawn to him. When one of her darkest visions comes to pass, Amelia's world is thrown into chaos.

And those around her begin to wonder if she's not the seer of dark portents, but the cause.


Forgiven by Janet Fox (06/02/2011)

Kula Baker never expected to find herself on the streets of San Francisco, alone but for a letter of introduction. Though she has come to the city to save her father from a cruel fate, Kula soon finds herself swept up in a world of art and elegance - a world she hardly dared dream of back in Montana, where she was no more than the daughter of an outlaw.

And then there is the handsome David Wong, whose smiling eyes and soft-spoken manner have an uncanny way of breaking through Kula's carefully crafted reserve.

Yet when disaster strikes and the wreckage threatens all she holds dear, Kula realizes that only by unlocking her heart can she begin to carve a new future for herself.


My Soul To Keep (Soul Screamers, #3) by Rachel Vincent (06/01/2010)

Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.

Until something does.

Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind.

The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends - one of whom is already hooked.

And so is someone else...




1 comment:

  1. I love the cover for Entwined! Another one of my favorites is the red dress on Everneath by Brodi Ashton-it caught my eye and I'm so glad I read that book!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails