Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Weekend!!! It's Time to Pack A Bag!


Happy Weekend everyone! I'm not sure what you're typical routine is on a weekend, but for me it's usually filled up with fun plans, and time spent with my friends and family. While I'm still going to try and squeeze in some quality time with my family (we've got a quick road trip planned to visit my aunt for the day on Sunday) I've got to get myself organized this weekend. I leave for Charleston, SC next Friday and I've got to start packing. My work weeks are usually crazy busy, and by the time I drag myself home after work, I'm not good for much besides a quick trip to the gym (if I can motivate myself to get there) and some vegging out on the couch while watching some TV.

But I'm determined to change things up this weekend. I've got laundry to do and a closet to go through in order to find some items I can pull together for Charleston. The weather there is significantly warmer at the moment than it is at home, so I might get the chance to bring out some of my favorite summer staples if I'm lucky. But also on my list of things to pack is a good book of course! I'll be flying to South Carolina, and what better time to catch up on some good reading right? I'm not a huge fan of flying so it's a great way for me to take my mind of things.

Here are few books I'm considering taking along with me to busy myself with on the flight to and from Charleston to see some of my fave girlies!

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins (05/01/2012)

What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences? This is life for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.

Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

A cross-country trip to meet her father forces Anna to face the reality that hope and love are not options for her kind. When she confronts her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


This one somehow fell to the wayside of books I've been meaning to read and review. Harper Teen was kind enough to send me an advanced copy and I think these flights might be the perfect opportunity for me to catch up and dive right in so that I can get a review up by it's release date.

Elemental by Emily White (05/01/2012)

Just because Ella can burn someone to the ground with her mind doesn't mean she should.

But she wants to.

For ten years—ever since she was a small child—Ella has been held prisoner. Now that she has escaped, she needs answers.

Who is she? Why was she taken? And who is the boy with the beautiful green eyes who haunts her memories?

Is Ella the prophesied Destructor… or will she be the one who's destroyed?


Yet again, super grateful to Spencer Hill Press for sending me an advanced copy, and it's one I've been anxious to read. I've been trying my best to fly through the books I've got on my shelves waiting to be read, but this one has piqued my interest since I first got wind of it. So it's another I'm considering taking with me.

What do you guys think? Both books sound great, and with both of them scheduled to hit the shelves on the first of May, I'm doing my best to get them taken care of before then or at least very shortly after, but which to read first? I'll have to debate some more and see what I come up with. Either way they're both getting read, and I just know they'll both be fabulous...but which to take with me to SC....I'll let ya know what I decide.

Have a fabulous weekend you guys and as always...Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails