Monday, April 30, 2012

One More Day!!!

I don't know where to start??? It's not often (which is sad but true) that I finish and close a book and can honestly say without a shred of doubt that I know this book will be one of my all time favorites. I hate that not every book you pick up and read turns out to be a winner. I mean we all experience it. I read a lot of really good books, great even, but not all of them end up being my all time favorites that will stand the test of time and multiple re-reads. I wish it was the opposite, but it is what it is.

For me when I finally got around to reading Divergent by Veronica Roth (it took me way too long to discover this book) I was blown away from start to finish! I've experienced action and suspense in a book before, but this one had my stomach dropping and had me experiencing anxiety overload for these characters I'd come to adore. Roth's excellent writing and incredible story won me over immediately and had me counting down for the release of her second installment in the Divergent series, Insurgent. Lucky for me that since I was so late in the game, I didn't have to wait that long. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have picked this book up on it's original release date only to find that I had a horribly long (or at least it would have felt that way) wait before I would be able to find out what happened next. For anyone who was in that boat, more power to you, I give you credit for being able to survive this wait with your sanity intact. So I was relieved in a small way that I only had to wait a little under a month before the sequel would hit the shelves.

Finally that day is almost here....one more day! I am beyond excited to see what Roth has in store for her readers, and I'm positive that I'm not alone. Are you guys racing out to the stores to get your copies when they open? Did you pre-order a copy and intend to stalk your mail carrier for when they arrive with your package? Are any of you like me, and refuse to wait for the doors to open, and will instead be anxiously waiting for that moment when the book is finally (after pre-ordering it) beamed to your Kindle or other eReader? I fully intend to get myself a hard cover copy for the bookshelf to go along with Divergent, but I don't want to wait even that small amount of time before I can dive right in! So hopefully like me, you've got your day planned out and are intending to amp up the sales for this book, because it couldn't be more deserving. I'm thinking Roth will have no trouble at all topping the New York Times Bestseller list yet again with this release, and I'm going to do my part to make sure that happens.

Just one more day everyone....one more day!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails