Saturday, October 2, 2010

ARC Tour & Review: Bitter Frost by Kailin Gow

All her life, Breena had always dreamed about fairies as though she lived among them...beautiful fairies living among mortals and living in Feyland. In her dreams, he was always there the breathtakingly handsome but dangerous Winter Prince, Kian, who is her intended. When Breena turns sixteen, she begins seeing fairies and other creatures mortals don t see. Her best friend Logan, suddenly acts very protective. Then she sees Kian, who seems intent on finding her and carrying her off to Feyland. That's fine and all, but for the fact that humans rarely survive a trip to Feyland, a kiss from a fairy generally means death to the human unless that human has fairy blood in them or is very strong, and although Kian seemed to be her intended, he seems to hate her and wants her dead.

Fairies are totally a fan favorite or at least in my opinion they are. There are usually some similar elements in all the tales, but for me its always the different spins that have been added in and the characters themselves that really make or break a fairy tale for me. This book hooked me and I can't say that I'm surprised. Kailin Gow writes such intense characters that I can never seem to help growing attached to them almost immediately.

Breena is your classic girl caught between two worlds and doesn't even know it until its thrust into her face and her reality changes in the blink of an eye. Her best friend since forever of an eye. Her best friend since forever, Logan might be more than she thought, the dreams she's had since she can remember about a beautiful prince may not be dreams after all and don't even get me started on the dangers she's facing.

As an outsider she's looking at enemies on all sides and when she meets Kian (the prince from her dreams) it's difficult for Breena to distinguish between friend and foe. Through her adventures Gow gives the readers a chance to see who the real Breena is and she's made of sturdy stuff. All I can ask for is more of the characters I came to know and like so much and maybe some happily ever after moments. There were a few moments that took place that crushed me but I will say I still left the tissues aside for the time being. I'm hopeful and crossing my fingers that that happy ever after I always want is still within these character's reach. I'm going to pick up the sequel, Forever Frost right away so I can find out what happens next in the series.

I gave Bitter Frost 4 shamrocks!!!!



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails