Sunday, October 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (27)

This is a meme that I first heard about from Kristi over at The Story Siren and immediately wanted to jump on board.

This week I fell behind on my posts and I'm sorry for that. Work kept me busy, I was so excited to have my new blog design up this week and the ARC tour site constantly keeps me buzzing all over the place, but I've been trying to get everything in order and hopefully this week I'll be able to start fresh. Here's what I got this week, did you guys get anything good? Anything you think I should add to my TBR list....I'm always looking for you guys to give me some good recommendations!

Bought/Received

Small Persons with Wings by Ellen Booraem (thanks Ellen)

Mellie has been trying, unsuccessfully, to live down the day she told her kindergarten class she had a fairy living in her bedroom. Years later she is still called Fairy Fat. But when her parents inherit an inn and their family moves to a new town, Mellie believes she'll leave all that fairy nonsense behind. Little does she know that the inn is overrun with... you guessed it. Oh brother.

From the Dead by John Herrick (thanks John)

A preacher's son, a father in hiding, a guilty heart filled with secrets: When Jesse Barlow escaped to Hollywood, he hungered for fame--but eleven years of failure result in a drug-induced suicide attempt. Revived at death's doorstep, Jesse returns to his Ohio hometown to make amends with his preacher father, a former love, and Jesse's own secret son. But Jesse's renewed commitment becomes a baptism by fire when his son's advanced illness calls for a sacrifice--one that could cost Jesse the very life he regained. A story of mercy, hope, and second chances, From The Dead captures the human spirit with tragedy and joy.

Blood of Gold by B.V. Larson

Her young man stepped out of nowhere onto a mountaintop... Her high school counselor came from Hell. Literally... Haley learns she has a unique gift. She normally lives her life escaping notice, but now two gorgeous strangers are interested in her. Very interested. Seth is the best-looking young man she (or anyone else) has ever met. Every girl in school is after him and the competition turns strangely vicious. She soon realizes that he is not fully bound to this world. Although they both feel the mutual attraction, there’s something holding him back...

The second stranger is equally attractive, but more frightening. When she is with him, she somehow loses her self-control. To say more would give away too much, but Las Vegas will never be the same...

2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for an award: http://nurseatkins.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I LOVE your blog design!! So pretty and clean! I love a clean blog! :) How are you? And can you get Twitter already? Christina and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails