Saturday, October 16, 2010

Review: Fate (My Blood Approves #2) by Amanda Hocking

Alice Bonham thinks she's finally found a balance in her life between the supernatural and real life with her brother Milo. Jack - her sorta vampire boyfriend - keeps her at arm's length to keep her safe. As for his brother Peter... she's not sure where he's at, or what he wants with her. Worse still, she's not even sure what she wants with Peter.

When tragedy happens, Alice finds herself struggling with a terrible choice. Her decision has consequences that reach farther than she'd ever imagined...


After reading My Blood Approves, the first installment in this series I jumped right into Fate, excited to see what would happen next to Alice and the Townsend family. With everything that happened and all the revelations presented to Alice I was hoping some more of my questions would be answered. Just like the first, I flew through this one in a day. This series is very easy to lose yourself in and not realize the time flies.

With Peter going off to who knows where I was hoping that Alice and Jack would be able to really start a real relationship. That didn't seem to be the case. Ezra and Mae were still adamant about being able to find a way to solve the problem of Alice and Peter's bond and Alice and Jack's connection. In the meantime Jack and Alice have to maintain a safe distance and not get carried away. Peter may be gone for the moment but Alice is still technically "his" and that means death to anyone who gets too close, even his "brother" Jack.

And then there's an accident and plans change. In the first novel I admit to disliking Peter because he was keeping Alice and Jack apart. In Fate, Peter wasn't the enemy in my eyes. Someone else became the obstacle and it shocked me. It also got on my nerves. I know that's terrible but I just wanted Alice and Jack to catch a break.

The ending or last quarter of this book was really great for me. There was a lot of suspense and action and readers will really get the feeling that lines will be crossed and actions will be taken that did kind of become somewhat endearing to me, or at least less hateful. I could see he was struggling and really does have the potential to be a great guy. But with the way Amanda Hocking left things in this installment I'm not sure what to think or hope for. I'm anxious to get into Flutter, the third installment of the series!

I gave Fate (My Blood Approves #2) 3 shamrocks!!!



2 comments:

  1. I recently purchased book one. I'm glad to see people excited about the series. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails