Friday, October 1, 2010

Review: Awakened (The Guardian Legacy #1) by Ednah Walters

Orphaned as a child and raised by an eccentric grandfather, Lil is concerned with surviving high school and is unaware she's a Guardian—a being with super powers charged with killing demons and protecting humanity. But when she meets Bran, a mysterious boy with amazing abilities, his psi energy unlocks her latent powers.

But Bran has a secret that can destroy their growing relationship. He's part demon. But in her heart, Lil knows Bran is not evil. So when her grandfather is kidnapped by a powerful nature-bender and Bran is the only one who knows where he's being kept, Lil convinces the other Guardians to trust him, not knowing her grandfather is just the bait. And the truth that she discovers in the demonic enclave may just destroy everything she believes in, unless she makes the right choice—love and sacrifice.


I've always loved Angels - who doesn't right? So when I saw the cover for this book I thought perfect! As it turns out I was both right and at the same time wrong. The wings apparently fooled me because I was wrong, this was not about Angels but something all together different and unique. Ednah Walters both surprised me and kept me glued to the pages all the way through. I was right in thinking that this was the perfect book for me right now. I had so much fun with this one.

Our heroine, Lil Falcon quickly finds out she's very different from other girls her age. No it's not her gypsy/hippie wardrobe, but instead she discovers her family has been keeping secrets from her. Big secrets, as it turns out she's quickly on her way to becoming a guardian. What...you asked is a guardian? I'm not telling you, where would the fun be in that? She's got major revelations to adjust to and that's only the beginning. She's started to at a new high school, must juggle her new high school, must juggle her new "normal" friends with her not so new "normal" friends and must figure out her feelings for Bran. He's mysterious, possibly dangerous and may not be around for long. The girl's plate is totally full at the moment.

Lil grew up moving from town to town at the drop of a hat and was forced to put up walls if she hoped to withstand the stress and hardship that kind of lifestyle involved. She's brave and smart and is a genuinely kind person. She was raised by her grandfather and I just adored their relationship. Lil is his whole world and it's obvious to anyone around. She's introduced to some people her age who happens to be going through similar revelations, but whom were slightly better prepared. We meet her fellow trainees (and no I'm not going to tell you what they're training for) and above all Sykes was a winner for me. I loved him. He's that guy that everyone wants to be around. He's funny, smooth, keeps the mood light but will stand by you through the heavy stuff too. He's just rocks! Now I would have been rooting for him and Lil if it's hadn't been for Bran being in the picture first. I want to give more details on him but at the same time Walters introduced him to her readers the way Lil was seeing him. I don't want to spoil that for any future readers.

You'd be crazy not to go out and get this book as soon as possible. It was so good and I'm already depressed that the rest of the series isn't available. Walters has my vote and I can't wait to see what happens next for all my favorite characters.

I gave Awakened (The Guardian Legacy #1) 4 shamrocks!!!!





1 comment:

  1. I'll be honest--I can't help but laugh at this cover! :p Guy with a ripped body...and angel wings! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails