Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Review: Eden (Providence, #3) by Jamie McGuire

She had seen the unspeakable.
She would learn the unknowable.
Now, she would fight the invincible.

In the third and final installment of the Providence series, Nina Grey will marry the wrong man, carry the child that was never supposed to be born, and fight a war she can't win.

Faced with the impossible task of protecting his new wife and unborn child against the throes of Hell, Jared Ryel is allowed no mistakes. Pressured to return the Naissance de Demoniac to Jerusalem, he revisits St. Ann's to learn the answers were in front of him all along. 

Together, they must survive long enough to let their child save them - and the world.


To say that I'm sad that this final installment wrapped up the Providence series is an understatement.  McGuire quickly shot to the top of my list of favorite authors with her Beautiful Disaster series, and then to find she had three books that completed another series had my excitement levels off the charts.  I flew through each of these titles and could not have enjoyed them any more if I'd tried.

Nina and Jared, along with all of my other favorite characters had already been through so much in the first two books in the series that I could only imagine what to expect in this final title.  McGuire did not disappoint once again and my only critique is that there will be no other additions to the series.  With so many ups and downs, obstacles for these characters to overcome and suspense and action throughout the pages that by the end of the final page even I as the reader was exhausted.

I went through just about every emotion while I was reading this title and tears were most certainly shed, but there were laughs thrown in there as well, which was a relief.  I can only hope to find other books and series' like Providence in the future.  There are so many authors that I've come to love and look out for, but Jamie McGuire and her writing are one in a million.  I can only say that in the future when I come across a new title of hers, there will not be a moment's hesitation on my part.  It automatically will be added to my list to read and I'll have no doubts that it will become an instant favorite!

If you haven't had the chance to check out this series please do yourself a favor and go get all three books, not just the first one because you'll be dying to read the next two as soon as you start Providence and you'll have done yourself a favor if they're all in your possession just waiting to be read!

I gave Eden (Providence, #3) 5 shamrocks!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails