Saturday, October 13, 2012

Silk and Paper Campaign Traders (2)

As you know last Saturday I decided to introduce you to a few of the Traders that are participating alongside me throughout the Silk and Paper Campaign.  There were simply too many to highlight each of them in just one post so I had to split it into two posts.  I didn't want to just list them and send  you over to their blogs, I wanted to take a moment and mention some of my favorite aspects of their blogs, their writing, and to talk about a few of the more unique elements they've included on their sites.

So here are the rest of the Traders taking part in the campaign.....

Trader #11:  Page Turners

Two co-owners and six additional bloggers make up this blog team, and what a team they are.  I know most of you are probably familiar with this blog and the writers that make it possible, but I felt the need to gush over their site regardless.  This is actually one of the first blogs I came across after starting my own.  And what an inspiration they were.  Their character interviews are some of my favorite posts to check out.  I love the creative and unique questions they've come up with and the answers that follow.  Definitely one of my favorite sites around.

Trader #12:  Novel Thoughts

Three amazing reviewers and bloggers call this blog home and once you stop by you won't want to leave anytime soon.  One of my favorite parts of this blog is their "Praise" section and all I can say is wow!  The compliments and praise that have been given out to these individuals is without a doubt humbling.  Authors, fellow bloggers, readers, etc...they've all got something great to say about this team and they deserve every bit of credit given.  This is definitely one of those blogs and one of those teams that I look up to and enjoy visiting as often as I can.

Trader #13:  Novel Novice

14 contributors people!  Can you imagine the types of variety this site has to offer?  After reading a little bit about each of these bloggers I must say that I honestly can't think of anyone who wouldn't want to be a part of this team, can you?  Be sure to check out their feature book of the month and make sure it's on your list.  I haven't seen a bad recommendation come out of their site yet, so you've got a pretty good chance of likely what they direct you towards.  I especially enjoy the fact that a lot of their books featured or discussed aren't always just revolving around what's topping the hot list, ya know?  They seem to have the eye when it comes to sorting through the mass amounts of new releases that are hitting the shelves or counting down until their release dates and I enjoy reading about the diamond in the roughs they hit on.

Trader #14:  Mundie Moms

Yet another blog I'm sure most of you are familiar with, and also one of the first sites that I came across after starting my own blog.  And I haven't stopped visiting it yet.  It's addicting and information and sometimes there's so much to look at I find myself on overload....I don't know how they find the time to include it all.  What might have started out as a place to discuss Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series (one of my favorites) has since turned into a YA hit where just about everything is hit upon.

Trader #15:  Matched Fandom

I wish I had a picture to go along with this blog but I've used the cover from Condie's series opener as a substitute when I was unable to snag their blog banner.  Once again this site has got great elements and they all revolve around Ally Condie's Matched Trilogy.  I just can't seem to get enough.  Recently they had a post about fancasting for the upcoming Matched movie adaptation and I've got to agree with some of the choices they highlighted.  I could totally picture some of those actresses in the role of Cassia, and doing it justice.  Everyone always has a picture in their mind of what the characters they read about really look like and it's often hard to bring that to reality, but some of these picks are pretty close to what I've always imagined.

Trader #16:  Katie over at Katie's Book Blog

This girl's following speaks for itself.  Her and her blog are and have been a huge hit since she started the site in 2009 and I'm sure that won't change anytime soon.  She's like a lot of us that host our own blogs.  She'd seen and visited enough for so long and then decided it was finally time to start out on her own and share her opinions and reviews along with the rest of the blogosphere.  One of my favorite features she has on her site are the blogger interviews she conducts.  I'm always on the lookout for new blogs to follow and fellow bibliophiles to befriend and I know I'm not alone.  The interviews are a ton of fun to read and the blogs are all on my list of favorites.

Trader #17: Khy at Frenetic Reader

After taking a look at the "About Me" page when first coming across the blog I've got to say that I found it highly entertaining.  It's nothing but honestly, bluntness and the facts.  And because this blogger is a fan of lists, I instantly knew that I would be able to relate...who doesn't like lists, right?  While busy with college, reviews and posts have not completely stopped so I look forward to all Khy comes up with in the future.

Trader #18:  Emily at Emily's Reading Room

Emily along with two contributing bloggers make up this fun and interesting stop.  With such a busy and hectic life, I'm not sure where Emily finds the time to put out the posts she does for her blog, but my hat is off to her.  I do my best to make sure the blog doesn't get neglected, but having all that she's got going on deserves major props in my opinion.  She keeps her readers and fans up to date on reviews, author signings in her area, and lots of other YA lit related news!

Trader #19:  Bookshelf Banter

This blog is made up of four individual bloggers, and I love the way they've shaped this site.  While each person writes their own reviews and contributes to the blog, you might end up seeing a book reviewed by each of them or just one of them, it's all up in the air.  But I love the idea that rather than having to go to a site like Goodreads, you can get possibly four reviews all in the same place, from four different perspectives...it's not something you see on most sites.

Trader #20:  Taschima at Bloody Bookaholic

I became a fan when Taschima compared reading a book to falling in love....find her description in her "About Me" section and I'm sure you'll be laughing but also nodding your head right along with her words.  I just really like the comparison and surprisingly have not heard that one before....something new is always nice to store away, right?  There are reviews to check out, polls to participate in, giveaways to enter, and so much more...see for yourself!

Trader #21:  Anna at Anna Reads

And finally we have Anna wrapping up our trader introductions.  This girl is a major fan of literature.  But she seems to like the lighter side of it more so than most.  She's quite clear that books involving high schools and boys are going to make for the best reads, and if you don't agree with her, she's going to send you on your way...just kidding.  I like her humor and her wit, and I'm thinking I'm not the only one since her blog seems to draw lots of readers.

I just wanted to say thanks again to Penguin for including me among these fantastic bloggers, and fellow traders to be a part of this Silk and Paper Campaign and I can't wait to continue on with the challenges!

As always....Happy Reading!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails