Friday, October 19, 2012

Review: Prophecy's Child (Ovialell) by Tish Thawer

The end of a race...
The beginning of history...
The birth of a warrior.

Rezmona, the demon Queen of Abrinthill, has spent her life maintaining the breeding program in order to secure a future for her race. But now she faces something she's never encountered before. 

Kylie, a prisoner who's been gathered for the breeding program, is different than any other before her. Not only is she able to withstand the damaging preparations all prisoners must endure...she's actually able to fight back. The demons quickly learn she's not only a threat to the breeding program, but to their very lives as well.

Kylie is the Prophecy's Child.


I'm stating right up front that this series by Tish Thawer does not fall into the Young Adult genre.  While the series may not be considered YA literature, there was nothing in this companion title that I felt would be inappropriate to review on the blog.  So while I won't likely be posting my review of Thawer's series opener, Aradia Awakens when I get the chance to read it, I wanted to at least get the chance to tell you guys how much I enjoyed this companion title.

While short, only 38 pages in length, as it's a companion short story and not an official installment in the series, I really enjoyed every page.  It was a great teaser for what's to come for readers in the new series Thawer's bringing to the shelves.  Thawer doesn't seem to leave anything out in this one...and all with her unique spin on things as well.  Readers will glimpse demons, magic, witches, and find out how the Amazons got their start....all packed into this fun little package.

I can't wait to see what Thawer's got in store for her readers with this series, and while I won't be posting any reviews on the blog, you'll be able to check them out on Goodreads and other book seller's sites after I've had the chance to dig in!

I gave Prophecy's Child (Ovialell) 3 shamrocks!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great review, Katelyn! I'm so glad you enjoyed Prophecy's Child.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails