Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Great Finds!!

It might just be me, but more often than not, I find myself reading a book and researching people mentioned, artwork, poetry, etc... I recently read Myra McEntire's Hourglass, and found myself doing this once again. Lucky I did as it turns out. I'm a huge art buff (or at least I try to be) and in the beginning of Hourglass, the main character, Emerson describes her room for readers. I was curious when she mentioned that her bedroom walls were lined with prints by John Williams Waterhouse. I'd never heard of him (shame I know) but I wanted to fix that error immediately. When I did a basic search I found that the paintings that came up were beautiful. One of them I am familiar with and was sad that I hadn't remembered the artist attached to this work of art.

Here are some of my favorites of his work.

The Lady of Shalott

Miranda the Tempest

Ophelia

Ophelia (not sure if this is the official title of the painting)

Circe the Sorceress

After seeing all of these great pieces I'm thinking that I might need to buy myself a print to display in my apartment. Which one is your favorite? I'm still trying to decide.

Happy Reading!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails