Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Review: Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1) by Rebecca Maizel

"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.


But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.


I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...


What a great start to what looks to be a very exciting series! Maizel had me from the very start. I couldn't believe I was only a few pages in and already completely invested in her characters. It rarely happens, but when the writing is this good, and the emotions are front and center on the page, it's hard to avoid being swept up in everything that's going on. And there was a lot going on from the very beginning. Each and every one of Maizel's characters brought something unique and wonderful to the table. Added that extra spark or much needed element of intrigue to the storyline.

Rhode....wow! This is a character that stays with you. Despite his dark past he had a way with words that can be described as nothing but lyrical. He swept me up right along with Lenah, and I was a goner. I thought Maizel's way of having Lenah wake up in a new world and a new time period was perfect for her readers. As Lenah was busy trying to find her way around in order to survive and adapt, readers were able to stay right there with her while having the chance to work on our predictions on what would come next. While Lenah was constantly watching the clocking and counting down her days, I couldn't help but notice my anxiety rose right along with hers.

It was a fun read, and one that I think sets the stage for an exciting series. I'm relieved that I waited a bit before picking this title up, because now I won't have to countdown for the second installment in the series, Stolen Nights to be released, because it'll be on the shelves as of June 12...I definitely think I'll be able to hold out a few more weeks.

I gave Infinite Days (Vampire Queen, #1) 4 shamrocks!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Great review! I have this book but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. Your review makes me want to pick it up right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails